passion4koi

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
passion4koi

a place for people to meet and discuss all aspects of koi keeping and appreciation

2 posters

tetra koi food

tetra koi food Empty tetra koi food

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm

I have been using this for some time just wondering if others have and what they think - is this good or should i be looking for something else - not seen much growth in my fish
    anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

tetra koi food Empty Re: tetra koi food

Post  anubisram Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:31 pm

I have not used tetra myself...however, I have made the usual journey through trying various foods and the only ones I would personally stand by are EA Show - i had some fantastic growth rates with this, it is hit and miss whether your koi will like it - Kusuri Paste food - this I have found excellent for growth in very young koi plus the benefit of being able to add your own extra ingredients and Richdons Nutrikoi range this is now my food of choice as it has given a good all round performance and extremely low on waste

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:30 pm

what is paste food ? and why would you use it?
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Post  chr1ssy Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Paste food is a ground up powder form of food that has not been heated and made into pellets. It also has alot more protein and goodness in it, most people mix it with orange juice/propolis/honey to bind it together then make small pellets to hand feed to their koi.

All this is great fun to do but a word of caution due to the high food value it should not be fed under 20c water temperature and only in small amounts as treats.

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:28 pm

are there different brands of paste food ? any ideas on who stocks them?
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Post  chr1ssy Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Yes there are a few different makes on the market : Izeki Paste used to be popular but now Kusuri and Richdon both do their own labelled paste food. Here's the one I have been trying and will continue this year with it.

http://www.richdon-koi.com/shop/?prodid=1046

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:47 am