passion4koi

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
passion4koi

a place for people to meet and discuss all aspects of koi keeping and appreciation

4 posters

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Empty My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Well, I have just spent half an hour hanging out of the conservatory window to take some photos for ya. Hope you like them.

(Please excuse the blanket weed as i havent treated it yet. Getting done very soon!)

As i mentioned earlier, there's a few good ones but mainly just pond filling mottley bunch for my enjoyment.

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 311My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 112

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Empty Re: My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Some moreMy Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 610
    My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 810

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 1010

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Empty Re: My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Last ones!! lol

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 1110

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 1310

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 1410
    anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  anubisram Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm

nice pics Dee - water nice and clear and your fish appear happy enough
    What size is your pond?
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Post  chr1ssy Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Very nice Dee the mottley crew certainly look well and the water looks good too. They are loved and cared for and your pride and joys and thats what counts.

Well done with the photos and thank you for sharing them with us.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Mmmm Size hey? Well, previous owner reckons 3 n half thousand gallons.

It is quite a good size as the deep end is nearly 6 foot. Not a practical shape for competetive Koi keeping though but i do think the fish enjoy exploring around through the different depths, round the island and under the waterfall etc. I've got block built filters hidden behind the foliage and plenty of air going in so have good water quality. Just need to get rid of all the damm blanketweed and fix a crack in the concrete lining of the pond and then am all set for a nice summer sitting watching my fishies at every chance i get!, lol

Here's a video link i done tonight too:-

sheryl
    sheryl
    best in variety

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  sheryl Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:31 pm

As I promised Dee I came on to have a look! There looking good now nice to see them swimming about last time I seen it it was covered in snow! Laughing

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks Sheryl.

Yes they may be a mixed bunch but i love wathcing them. i've really missed them over the winter!! lol

The thing i want to know is........................ Can the experts pick out which ones were expensive good quality fish and which ones are just mutts? lol!

I throw down the challenge. Anyone with a trained 'eye' for a good fish wanna give it a go?

Clue:- I bought 2 Japanese ones, some English and some i think were malaysian and some i got from the prev owner and have no idea where they are from. Also please ignore the 4 or 5 goldfish and 1 shubunkin that also inhabit my pond!!
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Post  chr1ssy Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am

Lol now you are putting us on the spot. There is a Goshiki in their so will opt for that being Japanese, cant tell with any of the others from the pictures.
    valleykoi
    valleykoi
    best in variety

Number of posts : 478
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post  valleykoi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Ah...I agree on the Goshiki...maybe a platina ogon

I will have another look
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Post  chr1ssy Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:26 pm

You maybe right Peter I spotted the Platinum Ogon/Purachina briefly.

So Dee are we right Lol
    anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Post  anubisram Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:42 pm

here are my guesses j = jap e = eng

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol 112_co10
    sheryl
    sheryl
    best in variety

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  sheryl Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Very clever Rich!! Still shot I like it lol!
    anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Post  anubisram Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:10 pm

probably wrong though lol
    valleykoi
    valleykoi
    best in variety

Number of posts : 478
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post  valleykoi Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Richard how did you do that??

1 Not sure about...kikusui...Richard should know,he is an expert on these.

Good game!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 am

you've Got 1 correct. You have correctly recognised ONE of the Japanese ones!! lol

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Jap110

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:51 am

sheryl wrote:Very clever Rich!! Still shot I like it lol!

I think he just used my top photo and marked onto it, still clever tho. Now I need to work out how to mark on the photo myself. When i decide to put them out of their misery that is!! lmao

flower
    chr1ssy
    chr1ssy
    best in variety

Post  chr1ssy Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 am

Sorry Dee I can not see any others that would instantly
    say Japanese, you have a nice little Shiro which could be Japanese or English.

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol DeesKoi2

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:53 am

Think the Shiro type was probably from english breeders as it was purchased from a small aquatics shop and can't imagine he would pay the money for Japanese. .

The platinum ogon is English too.

I will leave it to see if anyone else can spot the other Japanese, bought at the same time as the one you have correctly identified. (and not a million miles away from him either! )

Post  Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:45 am

Well have ya all given up? LOL

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Empty OK here is the answer...

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:14 am

I reckon you have all given up so here is the answer.

The following 2 are Japanese, bought by me as tiddlers. You got the Goshiki right but I can't remember the name of the other one, the light orange one.

It is the type that doesnt look like it has scales, it is smoothe. Can someone help me out here please? I was told it would grow to be a lovely fish, and apart from some speckling it has come on really well and is really nice. i think it has a cute puppy dog face!! lol (yes i am cracking up!)

So here they are:-

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Japs110

My Fish (Bless the mottley crew!) lol Japs210

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 pm