passion4koi

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
passion4koi

a place for people to meet and discuss all aspects of koi keeping and appreciation

2 posters

Tornado Protein Skimmer

anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Tornado Protein Skimmer Empty Tornado Protein Skimmer

Post  anubisram Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 am

Tornado Protein Skimmer

Introducing the Tornado Protein Skimmer a foam fractionator that creates crystal clear healthy water for your Koi. With the help of its unique patented design it removes hazardous toxins such as Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate and Proteins, thereby preventing diseases caused by poor water quality.
    The Tornado Protein Skimmer finishes the job ALL other biological filter systems start!
    The protein skimmer is a combination of three different filter systems. The filter operates biological, mechanical and chemical. The principle of skimming saltwater is not new and has been successfully used for years in aquarium filtration. Thanks to the unique, patented, design of the Tornado protein skimmer, it is now possible to apply the principle of skimming to freshwater.
    The principle operates as follows;
    The surface of an air bubble attracts dissolved substances out of the water. Because of the adhesion of the bubbles these substances, like chemicals, waste particles, colourants and algae, are concentrated. By means of a venturi, air is mixed with water. By forcing this mixture through the material (the KNS bio rings) to a lower drain, there is a long contact between air and water. This changes the surface tension of the water continuously and creates a thick foam. This foam will be separated from the cleared water by a grid and exits through the foam outlet. Different kinds of pollution are caught in the foam and drained. This makes the filter self cleaning. Dissolved substances like; phosphates, ammonia, humus acids, colourants, proteins and a number of heavy metals, are filtered out of the water and drained together with the foam. The extraction of dissolved substances is not possible with normal filters and can only be done if chemicals are added.
    The filter has various advantages;
    - Stabilizes pH
    - Removes colourants
    - Increases dissolved oxygen
    - Not dependant on bacteria, works as soon as the pump is running
    - Prevents fish diseases as a result of bad water quality
    Total height 75cm and 16cm diameter
    Water inlet diameter 25mm, water outlet diameter 50mm, foam outlet diameter 25mm
    Pump capacity between 1500 litres to 5000 litres per hour, recommended pressure for the venturi 0.3 bar (3 metres)
    Tornado Protein Skimmer Tornad10
    valleykoi
    valleykoi
    best in variety

Number of posts : 478
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Tornado Protein Skimmer Empty Re: Tornado Protein Skimmer

Post  valleykoi Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Sounds like you rate this unit?

Think its tIme I stocked them!

Pete
    anubisram
    anubisram
    best in show

Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  anubisram Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:20 pm

yes i rate it very highly - I'm going to change over the media in mine this year. It currently has bio balls but I am going to try it with alpha grog - I will post my findings

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 pm